Immediately Hiring the Following Position(s) in our Production Shop in Milford, CT:
Abrasive Blasting Technician
ADS is hiring a FULL-TIME Cabinet Blasting Technician position.
Experience a plus, but will train the right candidate. This position is a long-term opportunity for the right candidate.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: (please read carefully)
The successful candidate will work closely with and be trained by Master Blast personnel while reporting directly to the Production Manager.
The successful candidate must be responsible, have a strong work ethic, ability and willingness to learn, think about tasks at hand and a focus on quality workmanship. Perform all shop related tasks necessary to successfully complete incoming jobs as described:
- Daily operation of media blasting equipment to apply various abrasives to clean, remove corrosion or other contaminants on materials / parts.
- Daily operation of sandblasting procedures, organizing, and cleaning of sandblast area
- Basic set up and shut down of sandblast facility and equipment. Basic troubleshooting of equipment.
- Reloading of abrasives into machine hopper
- Learn and develop understanding of blasting techniques
- Examination of finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications and quality control
- Maintain and conform to safe work procedures according to prescribed protocol
- Preparation of work product by masking, taping, and other means to protect from abrading action
- Loading and unloading of customer work product
- Maintain safe conditions by following guidelines and procedures for handling of all equipment and completed work-product
The list above is provided as an explanation of expected duties on a day to day basis. This is NOT intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties. Other duties may be added as needed.
POSITION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Previous booth blasting and or manufacturing setting experience preferred
- Aptitude for and MOTIVATION to learn and take direction
- Able to wear the appropriate blast room technician PPE. (Full body blast suit / helmet / etc.) and any other PPE that is required.
- Able to operate a manual blasting hose for the scheduled shift
- Able to stand for long periods of time, bending at the waist, kneeling, laying horizontally
- Lifting or moving materials / parts over 50 pounds
- Able to both work as a member of a team and to work alone
- Possess shop environment common sense
- Responsible, reliable, dependable, and punctual
- Honest and trustworthy
Minimum education is high school diploma or GED equivalent. All qualified applicants must be able to:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug test
- Be available for overtime if needed
- Have own dependable transportation
BE SURE TO INCLUDE A WORK HISTORY AND REFERENCES WITH YOUR RESPONSE.